The links and descriptions below are different works I have produced during my time in the television industry.
- “Crossfit Tier 1 holds annual crossfit competition, raises thousands for charity“: This project showed me that when you take control of the situation you can produce a great product. A good NAT PAK, like this one, does a great job of not only informing but showing emotion in why that information is important.
- “Make it Monday: DIY glitter ornaments”: I had the pleasure of shooting this segment with a colleague at WNCT. It was a DIY segment shown on, you guessed it, Mondays. The anchor that fronted it also wrote it while I shot and edited it. These segments were different from your day to day news and I think that was why I enjoyed working on them so much. A lot of the shots in these segments were similar. Coming up with transitions was a strategic way to get through it without a lot of jump cuts.
- “United Way of Coastal Carolina book drive”: This was a neat story that had an awesome turn around when I went back for the follow up. I found this story by just scanning up and down community calendars for different events. I found this on the New Bern Chamber of Commerce calendar and the organization that was in charge was excited to do the story when I reached out to them. There is two parts of this story. One is the preview that ran in the morning show the day the book drive began. The second is the follow up I did with how many books they were able to receive.
- “Battle of the Brook“: A member of my cohort came to me about doing a documentary on the declining population of the native brook trout in Western North Carolina. It was an opportunity to mix my passion for fishing and storytelling into one thing. I worked as a producer and photographer on this project with three other people and a faculty adviser from Western Carolina University. This film was submitted to the Broadcast Education Association Film Festival of 2017.
- “Western Carolina University Bass Cats Promo“: Shooting video from a boat was a new experience for me. This project taught me to have more confidence in my abilities.